FACULTYTALK Archives

October 2010

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Virginia G Maurer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 2010 14:40:21 -0400
When I enjoy something, all six of me do. It is somewhat like the royal
"we", using the plural and implying the singular. It is weird as heck,
and all of me think so.

Try this: The full stop goes outside the quotation marks. There could
also be a period inside the quotation marks if the period is intended to
be part of the quotation.

Enough frivolity for a Friday afternoon. There is still work to be done!

Ginny