CLEANACCESS Archives

November 2010

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Rob Chee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 2010 06:27:09 -0500
Antonio,

I've set this up successfully for a client using NAC 4.8 and Windows 2003
domain controllers.  They were running 4.8 and initially had the ktpass
command with the +DesOnly at the end.  When they introduced Windows 7
machines into the network we found that AD SSO did not work for those
computers.  At that time we followed the instructions in the guide you
posted.  We created another AD user to assign to the AD SSO portion of the
NAC server config.  The ktpass command used for this user did not have the
+DesOnly at the end.  We then changed the NAC Servers to use the new AD
user and everything worked correctly for both the Windows 7 and Windows XP
computers.

I have a little blog on why the +DesOnly is not required.
http://www.netcraftsmen.net/resources/blogs/cisco-nac-ad-sso-support-for-no
n-des-encryption-types.html

Are you sure the users had a valid Kerberos ticket?  You can use
kerbtray.exe on the end clients to verify that they weren't using cached
credentials...

Are you using ACLs to restrict the authentication VLAN?  I've seen cases
when one of the domain controllers was blocked by the authentication VLAN
ACL, which caused problems similar to what you're seeing...

Rob Chee, CCIE #8188 (R&S and Security)
Senior Network Consultant
Chesapeake NetCraftsmen, LLC.
Company Website:  http://www.netcraftsmen.net