ATEG Archives

January 2011

From:
Craig Hancock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2011 15:33:22 -0500
     Is anyone planning to attend the LSA (Linguistics Society of
America) conference in Pittsburgh this weekend? I'm part of a symposium
on Functions, Functionalism and Linguistics on Sunday morning (9-12)
with some very good people (Tom Givon, Brian MacWhinney, Wallace Chafey,
Bill Greaves). I'm used to promoting interest in language to English
teachers. My role here will be to promote an interest in literacy and
discourse on the part of functional linguists. I'm tilting at slightly
different windmills. If you see me at the session or just at the
conference, please introduce yourself.  We don't get enough chances to
meet each other in person. I always enjoy ATEG talk.

Craig