ZOO408A Archives

February 2011

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Mike Busam <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Busam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2011 11:06:44 -0500
Those are some interesting numbers! The goose and waterfowl numbers on
the Great Miami in and around Hamilton seemed really low this year,
compared to past years, when flocks of Canada Geese in the thousands
could be found up and down the river, from roughly Black Street bridge
to Miami-University, Hamilton campus. The Acton Lake totals and
variety for the weekend seem really high--possibly unprecedented? I
don't have enough experience birding the lake and nearby fields to
know. How often have numbers that large with that sort of variety been
encountered on Acton Lake in recent years? If I had to bet, I'd bet
never.

And no Ross x Snow hybrids? All the cool kids these days claim to find those ;-)

Take care,
---Mike