FACULTYTALK Archives

March 2011

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Henry Lowenstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Mar 2011 20:42:15 -0400
Keith,  I, too, use U.S. Supreme Court cases related to specific topics. Some examples of cases where you can address both a legal and perhaps ethical side:

Kelo v. City of New London (2005)   Taking of private property to give to a private business for economic development purposes.

Uses of the "Commerce Clause"

U.S. v. Lopez  (1995)
U.S. v. Morrison  (2000)
Katzenbach v. McClung (1964)

And of course, on the issue of contract, the old warhorse is always good, Lucy v. Zehmer (Va. Sup. Ct., 1954)

Another one not necessarily related to business but a big moral issue, Korematsu v. U.S. (1944).

Just a few examples.  Hope these are helpful.

Henry L.

Henry Lowenstein, PhD
Professor of Management and Law
E. Craig Wall Sr. College of Business Administration
Coastal Carolina University
P.O. Box 261954
Conway, SC 29528-6054 USA
(843) 349-2827