AIMSALL Archives

September 2011

AIMSALL@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"McKee, Heidi A." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
McKee, Heidi A.
Date:
Thu, 22 Sep 2011 10:25:53 -0400
Hi, Everyone,
While the list is in a self-promotion vein, I'll be giving the Friday morning featured session, aimed mostly toward the SEHS audience--

Heidi
The Ethics of Internet Access: Why National Policy Matters to Teachers and Students

The Internet and the ways in which we communicate, connect, and create online are in jeopardy. Current and proposed national policies that favor corporate and government control of information fail to preserve principles of net neutrality and privacy, further limiting our access to and use of digital technologies. Using rhetorical and critical frames, Heidi McKee will discuss why these Internet policies matter to teachers, and what we in our roles as teachers, researchers, and citizens may do to craft a different, more equitable future.