MUCWFAC Archives

January 2012

MUCWFAC@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
cris cheek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jan 2012 23:14:15 -0500
i have been listening and tinkering all of these good ideas into a new version

thinking about a title, i'd be very plain

: short forms

to the point, shapely and kinda catchy (but then i always did go for the offbeat musics ;=))
very very happy to hear all suggestions . thanks for tossing that ball about Eric . . i bet we can up with something better than either you or i are suggesting at the moment

i reckon we have a week . . i've nudged Lydia Davis and am still hopeful of hearing back from her, which would be a start

has anybody got a contact handy for Russell Edson? I like the suggestion of James Tate . . . what about Sherman Alexie / / ? (i guess he'll just cost the earth)  .  Jamaica Kincaid??

i'd like to see a panel on Richard Brautigan; a panel on Lydia Davis; a panel on the prose-poem; a panel on hypertexts; a panel on texting and tweeting and all of that; a panel on journal entry / diary entry / blog entry; a panel on song and narrative ballad traditions (maybe) - and something on the blues and country song slice of life condensed narrative  -  and or on Bob Dylan even . . .; a panel on the contemporary fable; a panel on Lyn Hejinian (maybe); a panel on the new narrative (maybe); a panel on folk tales (maybe); a panel on myths of origin (maybe); a panel on Borges (maybe) . . .

and

looking forwards

cris