FACULTYTALK Archives

November 2013

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Bill Shaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 2013 18:29:30 -0600
This has been an interesting thread you've opened, Nim.  I have vivid
recollections of the spiteful, and I mean by that really ugly and vicious,
things said about JFK and all the Kennedys back in my part of the world.
Even today, the web is filled with the most tacky and inappropriate comments
-- hateful comments -- about Obama.  There is a culture of abhorrence close
by, and it's scary.

Within the last several months, Obama was in-and-out of Austin with security
(I am told) that covered every movement.  I missed his $5000/plate
fundraiser, but I'm sure you can hear about it first hand from your
non-retired legal studies colleagues at UT.