FACULTYTALK Archives

February 2014

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Nathaniel Grow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 2014 14:18:10 +0000
Colleagues,

At the risk of engaging in a little shameless self-promotion, my press has asked me to let you all know that my new book, Baseball on Trial: The Origin of Baseball's Antitrust Exemption, has now officially been released.  The book documents the history of the controversial 1922 U.S. Supreme Court decision that gave rise to baseball's exemption from federal antitrust law.  I spent around a year and a half researching and writing the book, traveling to various research archives across the country, and have presented portions of my research at ALSB national and regional conferences over the last couple years.

The official book website is available here:

http://www.press.uillinois.edu/books/catalog/56snn7zy9780252038198.html

Meanwhile, should the book be of interest, Amazon currently appears to be offering it at the cheapest price:

http://www.amazon.com/Baseball-Trial-Baseballs-Antitrust-Exemption/dp/0252079752/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1390429522&sr=8-10&keywords=baseball+on+trial

Best wishes,

Nathaniel

--