MUCWFAC Archives

January 2015

MUCWFAC@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Cathy Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2015 11:40:32 -0500
Dear all,

I've spoken to Ann Frymier about the process for transitioning from an
MA to a residential MFA, and I'd like to get to work on the MFA degree
requirements. I'm imagining it will resemble our MA, but it could also
be an opportunity for us to make interesting positive changes to the
program. I'm hoping to get the MFA approved by the grad
committee/department soon and sent onward and upward this spring;
ideally, we'll be able to advertise it in fall 2015 to launch in 2016.

So, can I ask all of you to let me know if you have ideas for new
directions we could take with an MFA? And whether or not you have
ideas, would each of you pick an MFA you know of that you think is a
strong and well-designed program and send me a link for the degree
requirements? Send by next Tuesday Jan 12 if you can.

Ann strongly recommended that we align the requirements for the
low-res and the residential programs as much as possible to facilitate
interchange between them and minimize administrative work. So, Eric,
would you also send me the low-res degree requirements with the
associated credit hours? I'm sure I already have that somewhere but
haven't found it.

Many thanks, all,

Cathy