OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2018

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Kathy Mock <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kathy Mock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2018 18:23:46 -0400
I couldn’t believe it when I looked out my elevated window and saw it pacing along the inside of the neighbor’s privacy fence. (I count on my yard list every bird that I see or hear in or from my yard.) That lot is mostly concrete, and is open except for the white vinyl fence that runs only along the back lot line.  There is an oak on another lot that is dropping acorns. I grabbed by camera and ran out, and stalked her until she presented herself for photos, which are attached to my eBird report.

These are city lots… but my own back yard is fenced and is a National Wildlife Federation Certified Wildlife Habitat. I have let gray dogwood, black raspberries, etc., grow wild along my back fence and my yard has a great corner that is secluded.  Hopefully she’ll slip under the gap in my fence and find security.

Kathy Mock
Barberton, Summit Co.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

---