OHIO-BIRDS Archives

May 2020

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Peggy Wang <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peggy Wang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 May 2020 16:02:39 -0400
Felt more like a summer birding outing with rather warm temps and high humidity.

Best sighting was my FOS Canada Warbler, in good light no less. Also got my FOS Acadian FC. Not sure if I’ve seen Bay-breasted there before so happy to see a nice male. Otherwise, it was fairly quiet bird wise made up by a few birds giving great views.

The upper picnic area/trail access continues to be open only until 6pm but the restrooms are open again. Rest of the park is open until 8pm (opens at 6:30am). Was disgusted to see someone tagged/spray-painted the sandstone cliffs by the ranger office/red barn. Hope they can clean it off.

Warblers
Canada
Bay-breasted
Worm-eating (h)
La WT singing & showing well
Black-thr Green (h)
N Parula (h)
Yellow-throated—in the middle of the trail, feeding on the ground
Cerulean (h)
B&W (h)
Am Redstart
Com YT