OHIO-BIRDS Archives

April 2022

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 2022 21:06:10 -0400
Nothing rare. There was - is - a Glossy Ibis at Ellis lakes - butler. I wonder if
That is on the route to Mercer county? I can stop tues.

Anyway - I wasn’t expecting much, just exploring. The weather was cold
And dreary. This is the third or fourth time I have cancelled a botany trip
Due to weather. Hopefully next April is better weather!

This area has marshy spots for rails. And waterfowl. And I succeeded
Thanks to Tyler and Molly. They were walking out as I walked in. I got
A brief talk on where and what to look for here!

I am not sure if the rails where my highlight or the passerines. Which were
Low down along the canal on the west side. Feeding in this lousy weather!
Thankfully.

1 Parula
2 Pines
19 YR Warblers
2 Yellow throated Warblers

Tyler and Molly had Yellow also.

Brown Creeper and Rusty Blackbirds were nice. Gnatcatcher. Brown thrasher.

Tree, Barn, and Rough winged swallows over the lake. Been awhile since I
Saw lots over water like this.

Sora and Virginia Rails. Habitat is great!

Eastern Kingbird - Foy.

And I reached 100 species for Warren! Picked up 13 today! Wow! Thanks to
Tyler and Molly!

Eventually I will get back to Adams county……

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini