OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2023

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2023 09:07:11 -0500
I just got my needs alert from ebird. I have this new alert set to Butler
Needs. That’s reports of birds from this year that I haven't seen yet - this year.
I also have a lifetime needs set for Butler. And the Butler RBA. There’s many
Ways to set up the alerts. Since I prefer to find my own birds, I might
Delete the yearly needs. I can't believe how much I am missing for butler this
Year….! I'll catch up! Black vulture, killdeer, GW teal, tree sparrow, etc. etc.

Today and tomorrow are work days. My my schedule is up in the air timing
Wise. Waiting for deliveries and workmen isn’t helping. I want to get back up
To Fernald and scan the weapons and lodge ponds well. Missing species
For the January 100.

I read a report from someone who was hoping for the Short eared Owls last
Night I think it was. No success for him. Have they moved on?

Nature notes - I can't believe all the spring peepers I have been hearing!

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini