MU-VMS Archives

January 1994

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
March Hare <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University VMS News <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 1994 21:07:14 -0500
In article <[log in to unmask]>,
[log in to unmask] (Kent Covert) writes:
> ZIP,UNZIP - These commands compress or expand ZIP files.  This was formally
>     available only through the MCUG libraries.

Not only that, but the MCUG versions were obviously compiled on the older
system.  I do know that I can override definitions by
$ ZIP:=xxx$xxx[xxxx.xxx.xxx]ZIP.EXE
however, I do not know where the commands are in order to override the
MCUG library.  Does anyone know if the MCUG login is going to be
updated any time in the near future?

While we are on the subject of ZIP, is ZIPINFO also supported?

Thanks,
John

--
Drivel of the year:
"...DOS is utterly unable to handle more than 1MB of memory.  Removing

---> OS/2? - what DOS could have been and would like to be.