MU-VMS Archives

January 1994

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Brian Samson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University VMS News <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 1994 19:15:50 -0500
Is anyone having problems dialing up to the new 14.4k modems?  About every
other try, my modem doesn't realize it has connected and I get screens full
of crap.  Sometimes it will even lock up the application (Crosstalk for
Windows 1.0).

I have a Zoom 14.4k modem and when I DO get a connection, it's at a beautiful
speed of 19.2k!!  (Thank youuu, Miami!!  It's about time!! [Of course UC has
something like 64 14.4k modems already .. let beat it!! hehe])  ANYWAYS, I
knew about the 2161 line last month (figured it out myself and wasn't about
to give that info to ANYONE else) and had absolutely no problems  when they
were on that line.  All my settings are still the same, I have no problems
connecting to 9600, 2400, or other 14.4k/19.2k modems.  Does anyone know
what's wrong?

PS.  Telix for DOS also gives me the problem, so I don't think it's the
software.  It's either my modem, one of Miami's modems, the phone line,
or that damned curse my mother put on my computer finally kicked in.

Thanks for any help..

Brian Samson