MU-VMS Archives

March 1994

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Peter Murray <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University VMS News <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 1994 12:43:31 -0500
Tom Hinson ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: Can someone give some advice?  I'm trying to anonymous ftp to
: bell.com.  After logging on, I cd to the pub directory and list the
: files.  One of the directories listed is Distance Learning.

: When I try to cd to Distance Learning, it doesn't work.  I've tried
: upper and lower case combinations, cd Distance, and so forth.  There
: *must* be something simple that I'm overlooking!

One thing to try, and a suggestion.

Since the directory name has a space in the middle, you should put it in
quotes (i.e. use the command

        cd "Distance Learning"

and it should get you to that directory).

Now the suggestion...judging by the existance of the ".cache" files, this
FTP site is also a Gopher site, so you can use the command

        gopher bell.com

And read the information that way.

Peter
--
Peter Murray, Library Systems Manager        [log in to unmask]
King Library Technical Support                      [log in to unmask]