MU-VMS Archives

August 1994

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
James McCutcheon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University VMS Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Aug 1994 11:23:55 -0500
> :This precludes the use of 8-bit word length, and I am unable to transfer any
> :files from the VAX to my PC, unless I want to use (gulp) Kermit.  Will the
> :8-bit connection be available any time soon?
> As a work-around, you could get an updated Kermit client, set your packet
> lengths to 1000, set blocks to 2 and get decent Kermit downloads.  Note

Do you have a similar solution for an Amiga user who has no intention of
getting a PC in the next decade or so?

James

-- James McCutcheon
   "Logic is not the end of wisdom... only the beginning." --Spock, ST VI
JRMCCUTCHEON@MIAVX1