MGTDEV-L Archives

September 1994

MGTDEV-L@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Paul Slaggert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
University Management Development discussions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Sep 1994 15:30:00 -0500
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 1994 12:19:00 EST
Subject: Self Introduction
Sender: Paul Slaggert <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
A1-type: MAIL

Paul Slaggert
Director, Management Development Center (MDC) and
Director, University of Cincinnati Executive Program (UCEP)
College of Business Administration
University of Cincinnati
P.O. Box 210177
Cincinnati, OH  45221-0177

Hello from the Mid-west.  I am pleased to have the chance to
participate in this effort.  I have been Director of MDC for over five
years and been involved with UCEP for over 4 years.  MDC offers
traditional 1, 2, and 3-day seminars both as public and in-house or
contract programs.  UCEP is a 20 week (one day per week)
non-residential program for middle and senior-level
managers - now in its 16th year.

Prior to these assignements, I was Assistant Dean and Director of
Masters Programs here in the business school at UC.  Before moving to
Cincinnati I had worked for 6 years at Boston College in both the MBA
program and the development office.

If you have had a chance to read some of the other self introductions,
you may recall that MDC is involved with several others on this
listserve [Bric Wheeler (Miami University)
and Jim Taylor (Quantum Chemical)] in The Business Consortium.  We are
very excited about this innovative new venture.  For us, it is a
chance to expand programming, establish strong and long term
relationships with clients, try a new method/model of presenting
programming, and actually build a program in direct response to client
input (voice of the customer).  The Consortium is off to a great start
and could significantly alter the way we do all of our programs.

I look forward to learning more about all of you and hope we get the
chance to share lots of useful information.