FACULTYTALK Archives

October 1994

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Caryn Beck-Dudley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Oct 1994 09:17:55 MST7MDT
The American Bar Association Foundation used to have grants available
for academic work.  It also publishes a journal.  I have not talked
to them for several years but I believe they still fund proposals.  A
call to the American Bar Association would answer the question.  Also
there is a book called "The Foundation Center Source Book Profile"
which lists private foundation monies.  Two that look worth pursuing
are "The George Gund Foundation" and "The Daniel and Florence
Guggenheim Foundation."  The ULI-Urban Land Institute in Washington
D.C. has funded real estate curriculum in the past.  There is also
the Judicial Fellows Program where fellows work at the Supreme Court,
Federal Judicial Center of the Administrative Office of the United
States Courts for a year.  Good luck to all of you who choose to
pursue this treacherous route!  Caryn Beck-Dudley