FACULTYTALK Archives

October 1994

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Fran Zollers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 1994 11:44:55 LCL
Is it just me, or is anyone else sighing a heavy occupational sigh as you
read the message Tom Dunfee forwarded from Stephen Brenner?  I know I
should be used to it by now, but I can't help feeling marginalized when I
read a note that suggests what I do can be captured in some videotapes and
a couple of lawyers from downtown.

I am realistic enough to know that many schools handle their law requirement
this way (especially at the MBA level), but isn't there some outreach or
education or something we can do to convince these schools how wrong-headed
they are being?  Our efforts in the past have been laudable (position papers,
discussions with deans, etc.), but I can't help but feel we are still losing
the war.  Thoughts?

Fran Zollers