FACULTYTALK Archives

October 1994

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Robert A. Lamb" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 1994 11:37:24 -0500
I agree that technology has a place in our teaching; however, we must
strongly resist the temptation to use "GEE WHIZ" technology where there is
little discernable benefit to the student. I consider "GEE WHIZ"
technology to be that technology where a student derives no opportunity to
participate in the technology and hence is not required to learn how to use
the technology. We need to challenge our use of technology by simply
asking ourselves - "Is this value added education?" In other words will
our students be able to use this new technology in their business careers?

Bob Lamb