MGTDEV-L Archives

October 1994

MGTDEV-L@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

University Management Development discussions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Oct 1994 20:40:03 CST
Dear Netters:

As part of an interdisciplinary research project being conducted at
the National Chengchi University in Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C., I am
interested in your perspective of the collaboration of management
education sectors between the People's Republic of China in mainland
China and the Republic of China on Taiwan.  Specifically, I would
invite your response to the following three questions (or any subset
of them):

RESEARCH ON THE COLLABORATION OF MANAGEMENT EDUCATION SECTORS
BETWEEN PRC AND ROC

1.  What are the possible scenarios that PRC and ROC may compete with
    each other in the management education sector.

2.  Would it be possible for the two countries to cooperate in
    educating management students of all kinds, i.e., campus students
    and office workers?  In what ways?

3.  How can the strength of the two countries be used to compensate
    for each other's weakness through the collaboration?

4.  For those who have ever taught on a campus or in an corporate
    training workshop in mainland China, please comment on your
    personal working experiences.

I would very much appreciate any responses you have to these questions
so that I might benefit from an understanding of the varying perspectives
people have of the management education collaboration between the two
countries.  Please identify yourself and e-mail your response to the
following Internet address of Professor Wellington K. Kuan:

Thanks for your time and interest in responding.

Yours sincerely,
Wellington K. Kuan, Professor
Faculty of Business Administration
National Chengchi University