MUMODEMS Archives

October 1994

MUMODEMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Miami's Modems <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 1994 14:59:19 -0500
Heya folks, I'm a first year student who has learned megatons of internet info
in the last couple months but I've still got a few questions.....

First:  I know that you can dial 4999 to connect to the internet, but are there
other numbers you can dial from rooms when that one is busy?

        - I'm having BIG problems connecting my modem to the internet from my
room... HUGEY problems.  It will connect finde at the N81 settings, and of
course will give me garbled data... expected... now when I connect with E71
settings, I don't get kaka!  Nothing, Nathan, NADA!   It has only worked
connecting ONCE... and shockingly it was at N81!!!  I know it's my modem that's
screwy cuz I've tried the right settings with another modem someone let me
borrow and it will work fine... so is there anyway I can get passed this
problem?  Does anyone out there know what I can do to fix this?  (or have a
really cheap external modem they want to sell me...)

Please reply with e-mail... THANKS for your help!!!