MUTALK Archives

October 1994

MUTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Miami University conversation <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Oct 1994 16:11:36 EST
Hello!  I am one of those who usually reads and doesn't post.  But I have a
question that one of you may be able to answer.  First, let me tell you about m
y computing background.  I am a graduate of Northwest Missouri State University
(nicknamed "The Electronic Campus").  At Northwest, there is a terminal in each
 dorm room and office, as well as various computing labs.  Each student and fac
ulty member is issued an account.  When I arrived here it seemed odd that this
was not the case at Miami!  Anyway, last year my VAX account worked well, just
as it had at Northwest.  However, following the change to Ocean, my account
just isn't the same.  The main problem is the fact that the TALK function no lo
nger works.  I have tried both the new and old versions.  I use TALK to communi
cate with people I know who have access to VAX accounts only.  Now I am forced
to send e-mail.  Can anyone help me with this problem?  The screen no longer
splits, and I cannot see what the other party is typing.
Thanks for your help,
Adrienne Fero