FACULTYTALK Archives

December 1994

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Laura Pincus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 1994 13:43:26 -0600
Two points:  First, I teach in DePaul's Department of Management in our
College of Commerce.  Our department is searching for a department
chair to take the place of our interim chair, beginning next Fall.  The
department is comprised of 26 full-time faculty members, only two and a
half of which are business law-oriented.  There are only three women.
While, personally, I think that they are looking for a management prof. and
would not be as receptive to a business law prof., I have been told that
they would certainly consider someone with a business law background
who may have the ability to serve as a bridge between the diverse
professors in the department.  If you are interested in finding out more
information, please either email or telephone me (312/362-6569).

Second, I am interested in finding information regarding any institutes or
organizations at your various universities and colleges relating to
business ethics.  Specifically, which schools have separate entities like
a business ethics foundation, etc.?  Any information would be helpful.
Our Institute for Business Ethics is looking for guidance on the activities,
mission, direction of other like institutes.

Thanks so much.

Laura Pincus
DePaul University
Chicago, IL