FACULTYTALK Archives

May 1995

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Warner, Dan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 May 1995 13:30:00 PST
I am very impressed and grateful for all the comments, suggestions, course
outlines and sample test questions my query from last week about the
problems with facts v law have generated.

Yesterday and today I gave my two classes tests, and incorporated some of
your ideas in the questions.   Specifically, I did not ask "who wins," but
rather, "what legal theory would Plaintiff advance as to why Defendant
should be liable for his injuries," and so on.  I am getting much more legal
analysis now, though it is far from excellent, still.

It's good to bounce ideas around about *teaching*, especially for those of
us who labor alone in undergraduate law among management, accounting and
finance colleagues.  Now if I could get the students to learn the difference
between "their" and "there" and how to spell "business".... (as Jack Paar
used to say, "I kid you not!").  Thanks again all, and keep the ideas coming
if you have more thoughts.