MU-VMS Archives

July 1995

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Dennis S. Keeler" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University VMS Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 1995 21:53:52 -0500
        Is is possible to set up the new news to only load unread messages into
local storage (memory, hard disk, whatever) when you select a newsgroup. I ask
this because it now takes about 15 seconds to enter rec.arts.sf.starwars. I
imagine it is because about 1800 messages are being copied from nntp.muohio.edu
to miavx1. But I only need to be able to read the 4 that I haven't seen yet.
        There should be a way to go back and ask for previously read messages,
but I think the default should be to only copy over the small number of unread
messages. Thanks.
--
Dennis S. Keeler                |  "Greater love has no one than this, that
Miami University                |    he lay down his life for his friends."