MGTDEV-L Archives

October 1995

MGTDEV-L@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"DR. Rick Hackett" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
University Management Development discussions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 1995 08:47:53 EST
I would like to know of any MBA programmes (or MBA Streams) that are
specifically tailored to engineering or science graduates.
Specifically, programmes for engineering or science graduates seeking
to BOTH update their technical expertise AND to develop
management/leadership skills (not a general MBA for engineers). Is
anyone aware of MBA programmes that work collaboratively with
Science or Engineering Schools -- where students can take courses
cross faculties? How about a "Management of Technology" Stream --
targeted at preparing graduate students with technical backgrounds
for leadership roles in technologically oriented businesses and
industrial firms? How receptive is the job market likely to be for
graduates of such a programme?

Part II of my question: Can someone refer me to a recent
forecast/ranking of "growth/opportunity" careers over
the next 10 years?

All responses received will be summarized and posted.

Rick Hackett, Ph.D.
Associate Professor & Chair
Human Resources & Labour Relations
McMaster University