MGTDEV-L Archives

December 1995

MGTDEV-L@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
JOSEPH FURANDO <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
University Management Development discussions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 1995 21:14:45 -0800
Now that 1996 is rapidly approaching, I think it is a good time for
professionals in HR to discuss the future of Management Development and
offer up advice for those of us professionals going into 1996 "looking
for employment".

I would find it especially useful to receive feedback concerning
employment opportunities in consulting - both with an existing firm
(Anderson, DDI, Ernst and Young, etc.) and as an independent.

Lastly, it might be important to discuss what is "hot" in the area of
Management Development and what is receiving less attention. I myself
have a consulting background in Personnel Research as well as Human
Resource Development (a total of 4 years) and am not sure how to market
myself so that I do not come off too "eclectic".

Much thanks, and best wishes for a prosperous new year.

Joe Furando PHR
201-427-2757