FACULTYTALK Archives

January 1996

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Lizbeth G. Ellis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 1996 14:25:48 -0700
>Sender:       "Academy of Legal Studies in Business (ALSB) Talk"
>Poster:       Roger Johns <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Re: Student Teaching Evaluations
>
> Liz
>
> At ENMU we use the IDEA system of evaluation.  We are in our second year with
> it.  It has lots of good points, and a few drawbacks.  I'll be happy to chat
> with you about it - my number is 562-2332.  I met a former student of yours
> recently - first name is Gunnar - can't remember his last name - he's a
> stockbroker in Albuquerque for Olde.  Call when you get a chance.
>
>                                                           rj

Roger -- sorry I've taken so long to get back to you -- if you thought I was
avoiding you, you were right and wrong.  I am still digging out from last
semester when things were so crazy that I literally stacked up everything
that came into my office in huge piles -- I'm down to one medium size one now.

As you probably know since I inadvertently sent a private e-mail message to
the entire ALSB list, I am pregnant with a baby due in April, and trying to
get my life in order.  I'm not sure that my Employment arb. GILMER UPDATE
paper is good enough for the new and improved employment law quarterly, but
I do want to send it to you for your thoughts.  The quarterly looks great --
I'm always impressed with everything you do -- and I always wish that you
were here at NMSU motivating me.  In the highly unlikely event we ever get
an opening, I plan to beg you to apply.

Will you be in your office on Friday?  If so, I'll try to call (give me a
good time for you).  I would like to hear more about your evaluation process.

Are you offering a health care admin law course?  Did I tell you that I
teach such a course?   If you need any materials, I would be glad to share
my stuff with you.  I'm teaching it now for the third semester (offered once
per year).

Talk to you on Friday.  Liz
Lizbeth G. Ellis
Associate Professor