MGTDEV-L Archives

February 1996

MGTDEV-L@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Markman Gideon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
University Management Development discussions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Feb 1996 10:15:27 -0700
Mission Statement Costs:
Please forgive multiple posting...
Although the following 5 questions are addressed (mainly) to
practitioners and managers, academic replies are welcomed as well. In
particular we are searching data on mission statement COSTS (as a
function of firm size). Could you please reply to any of the following 5
questions:
1. COST in $ of the process that guided to the development of the Mission
Statement:
2. TIME it took to develop the statement:
3. SIZE in NUMBER of employees in the company:
4. Was the Statement ASSIGNED (e.g., top-down) or CO-ASSIGNED (e.g.,
management and employees participatively):
5. INDUSTRY (e.g., high-tech, service, sales, etc.)

Please reply directly to me and I, of course,  will summarize.
Thanks in advance,

Gideon D. Markman
Organizational Behavior & Human Resource Management
Graduate School of Business Administration
University of Colorado at Boulder