MGTDEV-L Archives

June 1996

MGTDEV-L@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Bric Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Management & Executive Development Discussions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 1996 12:00:50 -500
This list began in September 1994.  At that time I described its
purpose as the following:

"It's for discussions by/for/about/with professionals dealing with
university-based management development and executive education
centers and by/for/about/with professionals within those centers.
Discussions are welcomed on any/all related topics surrounding
management and executive development and programming -- trends,
strategic issues, inquiries, sources, etc."

The Miami U. computer folks were kind enough to set up the listserv
for me.  I failed, however, to correct their shortened version of the
description (University Management Development discussions), and this
has led to some confusion.

It's time for me to try and clarify where I think we are and where I
think we'll continue to head.

As you'll note in the header at the beginning of this message, I've
had the automatic description changed to "Management & Executive
Development Discussions."  Many of us are in university-based
centers for management and/or executive development, but a majority
are not.  I think this (broad discussions in the areas of management
and executive development) reflects the collective focus of interest
for the subscribers (370 from 25 countries) and will continue to be
the common thread for the mgtdev-l listserv.

For those that no longer see a fit for themselves, here are the
directions for leaving the list.  [You  may leave  the list  at  any
time  by sending  a "SIGNOFF MGTDEV-L" command  to

Due to some problems a few months ago, I "edit" incloming messages --
screening out the spams, advertising, long convention descriptions,
on-line surveys, and messages clearly off-target.  Otherwise, what is
sent is what you see.

Hope this works for you!

If you have interest in Web-based sources of information on the
topic of management and executive development, I humbly recommend two
of my sites:

1)  Miami Links - Management and Executive Development at:
http://www.muohio.edu/~wheeleba/mgtexdev.htmlx

2)  Miami Links - University-based Centers for Management and
Executive Development at:  http://www.muohio.edu/~wheeleba/centers.htmlx

I look forward to our continued discussions on management and
executive development.

Bric A. Wheeler, Director
Center for Management Development
Richard T. Farmer School of Business Administration
Miami University, Oxford, Ohio  45056-1675
     Voice:  (513) 529-2132;  Fax:  (513) 529-6992
Net: [log in to unmask]; http://www.muohio.edu/~wheeleba/