MUMODEMS Archives

July 1996

MUMODEMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Boyd Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami's Modems <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 1996 03:01:05 GMT
In <[log in to unmask]>,
 DJRambo <[log in to unmask]> writes:

snip 8< 8<

>       Last night the problem started when I used the automatic login.
>By this I am referring to not being prompted for any information, the PC
>does all the work. After not being allowed access I marked the prompt for
>password box. This allowed me to get in. This evening neither method
>worked (automatic or prompt for password). I just tried again at 10:27 PM
>and couldn't get it. Would the log show that attempt? Is my ID and
>password getting to the machine before a time out? I do admit last night
>it was hit and miss but tonight its all miss.

I checked the logs for the 23rd and they only show you attempting to login
once and it was successful.  That probably means that the PPP negotiation
or the original login prompt is timing out.  Please keep me posted,
and if you can (and your using dos/win) give Steves PPP disks a try( if
your using win3.1).  if your using something other than 3.1 (mac, OS/2, Win95,
 NT)
let me know.

-boyd.