MGTDEV-L Archives

August 1996

MGTDEV-L@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Stephen Blackman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Management & Executive Development Discussions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 1996 20:26:56 -500
I am currently completing an MBA dissertation and I am researching the
types of IS management development/education provided by companies.

In this context, I would be grateful if any list members could supply me
with information on the following questions.

1. What form of information systems related management development do
you provide for your business managers?

2. What form of management development do you provide for your
information systems managers?

3. Are you familiar with in-company programmes?

>>>In-company programme: A series of educational lectures/workshops developed
 and tailored to meet the needs of an individual company.<<<

4. Has your organisation been involved with in-company programmes in
Information Systems or Information Systems Management?

5. What do you consider to be the most important benefits of in-company
programmes?

6. Under what circumstances does your organisation prefer in-company
programmes to public management courses/seminars?

7. How effective do you think that in-company programmes are/would be in
improving the understanding of information systems and information
systems management?

8. Do your in-company programmes involve action-learning?

In order to save list traffic, please reply to me directly at:

        mailto:[log in to unmask]

I would be happy to provide a summary of my research to any list members
who contribute to my survey.

Regards

Stephen Blackman