FACULTYTALK Archives

September 1996

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Carol J Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 1996 10:45:22 -0600
Position:   ALL business majors should be required to take a course
which includes commercial paper and secured transactions (UCC).

I need your help justifying the above position!

Currently SMSU requires a three credit hour legal environment class,
plus a one hour credit commercial paper - secured transactions class for
ALL business majors.   Our one hour course is under seige and it has
been proposed that it be eliminated as a core requirement.   (Some
majors also take a third course which contains agency,  property and
business organizations.)    I need your ideas and specific examples of
why margeting, management,  computer,  finance  (and accounting)
majors need this course.  The latter is easier to justify with the CPA
exam.   Has anyone done a survey on the break down of types of law
questions on the CPA exam in terms of what % of them come from
which law subject areas typically?