FACULTYTALK Archives

September 1996

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Daniel Herron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 1996 15:41:48 -500
ALSB Members,

I'm posting this for Don Mayer.

Dan\___________________

More Chicago?

To all ALSB - Business Ethics folk:  As usual, the section is considering
whether (and where) to get together between annual meetings.  Some people
would (again) like to meet mid-year (where else?) in Chicago in conjunction
with the MLSB, Mar. 12-14. As long as the entire ALSB is chatting about future
midwest convention sites, it seems appropriate to post this inquiry:
Would those of you interested in meeting mid-year please weigh in by e-mailing
(1) whether you even want to have a mid-year meeting, (2) where you would like
it to be, and when?, and (3) how you feel about coming to Chicago Mar. 12-14 -
i.e., would you be likely to attend, would you plan to give a paper, suggest a
topic for discussion, etc.  As long as we're asking questions, could you also
indicate whom you would consider for our scholar in residence in Atlanta next
summer?  (Richard DeGeorge has already been approached, but may not be able to
come  Other suggestions received include JoAnn Ciulla and Manny Velasquez.

 I do know that there is likely to be at least one ethics panel taking place
at the MLSB Chicago meeting; more could be  arranged.  The environmental law
section is also, I believe, planning at least one session at the Mar. 12-14
meeting.

Years ago, we intended to switch back and forth from midwest to SWAFAD.  To my
fairly limited recollection, we did this once, in Dallas, back in '89 or '90.
Any interest in re-instituting something like that?

In advance, thanks for your feedback.

Don Mayer, Vice-chair, Bus. Ethics section
Oakland University
810 370 3238

PLEASE POST REPLIES TO [log in to unmask]