MUTALK Archives

November 1996

MUTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Chris Carman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University conversation <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Nov 1996 06:09:44 -0500
I'm just curious if we could put together a newsgroup called
mu.comp.destroy.the.munet, kind of in honor of alt.destroy.the.internet (unless
I've missed some dashes in there).  Not because I want to destroy MuNet, but
I'd really be interested in reading theories on how the system might be brought
down by a couple crazy college kids (or employees?).  I wonder if discussing
something like this would be one of those nasty Code 1 offenses about planning
to destroy computer equipment or something like that..... I'd definitely like
to see one of adder's theories on how he'd take down the Miami network.

I'm also curious as to how that guy in Hepburn planned to hook up a satellite
dish on the roof into the cable video router for the hall.

I guess I've just been playing X-Wing too much lately, and all I can think
about is destroying things in a strategic manner!
-Chris Carman
-http://www.muohio.edu/~carmance/
-http://www.foofighters.com/foo
-http://www.scratchie.com/