MUTALK Archives

November 1996

MUTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
James Howard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University conversation <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Nov 1996 23:21:45 -0500
George Greer ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

: As I recall, from actually installing MUnet on a Professor's computer
: That did have Win3.1 and COM4, their setting on the Com port or IRQ
: are wrong...can't remember which is though.

It just doesn't work.

: As the person who pulled Dragon out of it's "fork bomb", I have to
: say that it can be done, except that in this case I knew the complete
: pathname to the file that was running the fork bomb.  I also knew
: from memory that 'fuser -k' kills all PIDs associated with a file.
: Using that knowledge and after waiting 30 minutes just to su, and
: another 30 minutes for the fuser to go through, I killed the thing.
: total time: 5 hours on the bomb, and it was 262 load, James.
: (if you don't know the name of the file, just shutdown)

Come one.  I had them up to 198 in five minutes on Nidhogg.

: --
: George Greer  Student Systems Co-Administrator of Dragon
: [log in to unmask]    http://www.ham.muohio.edu/~greerga

--
Jamie
  James Howard                                             [log in to unmask]