MUMODEMS Archives

May 1997

MUMODEMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Miami's Modems <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 May 1997 21:41:16 -0500
                 Recently, while trying to download a rather long upgrade
to IE. I was disconnected for no apparent reason. (at least not apparent
to me ) This has been happening for the last 5 or 6 days. It is very
frustrating to get 88%, 64%, 43%, and various other levels of incomplete
file transfer. This trouble has started after out of the blue, I've made
no changes to my system and have not experienced this before. In short I
think the trouble is at your end. Anyway, I would like to improve my
batting average in program downloading. I am running the MUnet package in
Windows 95 0s2, (or release b as I've seen it referred to at times). I use
a PPP dial up connection (obviously) and all the other particulars that
are recommended for this service. Where do I start looking for troubles on
my end? Any feed back would be very helpful and appreciated.
        By the way, why is this composer so jerky?

  Daniel J Rambo
  Cole Service Bldg.
  Miami University
  Oxford, Ohio 45056