MU-VMS Archives

September 1997

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Shaken Angel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University OpenVMS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 1997 23:12:08 -0500
Andrew J. Larson ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: >
: >         MiaVX1 (general use, WWW, etc):         2.5 Mb ( 5,000 blocks)
: >         PO (e-mail only)                        5.0 Mb (10,000 blocks)
: >         Novell (general use)                    5.0 Mb
: >                                         Total  12.5 Mb

: hmm...that's interesting.  your provost mentioned nothing of a spread between
: platforms.  come to think of it...I remember she didn't know much about it
: (when, what exactly).  I hope your superiors are well imformed of all this
: technology.  I could understand if this news is very recent...

: > The increases on MiaVX1 (specifically, Sea, the interactive component of
: > MiaVX1) and PO (Stream, which serves POP mail) will occur first.  Additional
: > disk is on order and should be installed sometime later this semester.

All of this sort of confuses me -- why are we getting disk space for the
VAX when we're going to be moving to a UNIX platform as early as next
semester?

- john f.