FACULTYTALK Archives

October 1997

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Lizbeth G. Ellis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 09:44:57 -0700
At NMSU, the legal environ. course is not a gen ed. course, but the blaw
faculty developed another course called "Consumers and the Law" which is
certified as a gen ed. course and may be taken to satisfy gen ed.
requirements by students outside the college of business.  The course has a
substantial overlap with Legal environ. of business but focuses more on
issues every person needs to know -- and that we often don't get to in Legal
Environ.  such as wills & trusts, landlord-tenant, consumer protection laws
etc., legal issues in buying a car, legal issues in buying a home, legal
issues relating to employment (from the employee perspective instead of
management).  Liz

At 03:27 PM 10/28/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Colleagues,
>There has been a request that the ALSB put together a committee to
>look at the legal environment/business law class as a  general
>education class.  I would appreciate hearing from those of you who
>have been successful or unsuccessful at this endeavor.  Please email
>me at [log in to unmask]  Thanks, Caryn Beck-Dudley

Lizbeth Griffin Ellis, Associate Professor
New Mexico State University
P.O. Box 30001, MSC 3FIN
Las Cruces, NM  88003-0001