FACULTYTALK Archives

October 1997

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Peter Shears <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 1997 15:19:54 +0100
Not crowing about the Braves -

more like business.

This Business School is launching off onto the wild blue yonder of practice
and procedure review - only of the whole programme (that's all).

The Associate Dean asked me if I could gather any help and/or advice from
the USA. I said that I'd be happy to ask - but what do we want to know?

Here's what he wrote:

"Problem is we want to know the future! So it's a bit open ended.

Given our need to reduce staff input time whilst retaining quality, ideally
we would like to know how other institutions are thinking about:

approaches to teaching,
assessment of large groups( in terms of type and quantity of assessment)
course structures
any other bright ideas on achieving a cut in teaching input."

So - what do you think folks?

Have a good week (if you don't play for the Marlins)

Peter.