FACULTYTALK Archives

December 1997

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Carol J Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 1997 12:06:37 -0600
SMSU has a 3 credit hour MBA Legal Environment course for students
who have not taken our basic six hours at the undergraduate level.
When most of the students are highly motivated (ex:  this semester) it
provides an opportunity to integrate a lot of material (instead of spending
as much time on definitions...).   For example,  I used actual contracts
and name dropped terminology (and had the students fill out a
terminology worksheet .... rather than spending lecture time with
definitions and basics) in the contracts unit.  When several of the
students have English language difficulties, however,  it is hard to even
cover as much as is covered in a 3 hour undergraduate course.