FACULTYTALK Archives

December 1997

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"John W. Bagby" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 1997 17:36:12 -0500
ALSB Members;
        I recently started a literature review on the issue of the role of Legal
Environment in business programs. Essentially this is a superset of the
urgent issue raised by Paul Frantz' plea for ALSB assistance. The
preliminary draft of this bibliography is included herewith. I would
appreciate receiving any suggestions, corrections, additions or
clarifications.
        Perhaps this colleague's situation now suggests the ALSB should consider
commissioning an update and extension to the white papers Tom Dunfee
commissioned in 1989. As I recall, these were reported by the various task
forces at the Toronto meeting in August 1990. The reports helped ALSB
officers make the case before the AACSB convention to retain law in the
ervised accreditation standards. Such activities seem "most appropriate"
for a professional organization!
Happy Holidays!
BYE!
!
-----Bibliography on the Role of Legal Studies in the Business Curriculum----

The Role of Law in the Business School Curriculum, Ad Hoc committee Report,
John Allison (UT-Austin) chair, American Business Law Association (1990?) .

Donald L. Boren (Bowling Green State University), An Analysis of Law
Courses in the Masters of Business Administration Programs at AACSB
Institutions, working paper (1990?) 7 pp.

J. Hiller, Business Law in the MBA Program: A Survey and Comparison, 23
Am.Bus.L.J. 299 (1985).

Appendix, Law Courses Offered in Masters of Business Administration
Programs Accredited by the American Assembly of Collegiate School of
Business - 1990-1991 Academic Year, (1991?) 20 pp.

Thomas L. Gossman (Western Michigan), Replies - Required Law Courses,
ALSBTALK listserv, tabulation of 32 business schools, (1996?).

Mark A. Buchanan, The Legal Environment Requirement: How is it Being Met?
22 Am.Bus.L.J. 237 (1983) 11 pp.

Daughtrey, Report on a Survey of Topic Preferences in the Business Law
Area, 15 Am.Bus.L.J. 7 (1977).

Davis, Survey of Business Law Instruction in Two-Year Colleges, 17
Am.Bus.L.J. 413. (1979?).

Collins, Law in the Business Curriculum, 15 Am.Bus.L.J. 46 (1977).

Story & Ward, The Law and Citizen Education, 15 Am.Bus.L.J. 22, (1977).

Allan, Law as a Liberal Art Versus Law as a Professional Discipline: A
False Dichotomy, 15 Am.Bus.L.J.61 (1977).

Dunfee, Brennan & Decker, The Business Law Curriculum: Recent Change and
Current Status, 18 Am.Bus.L.J. 59 (1980).

Elliot & Wolfe, The Need for Legal Education by Persons in Business, 19
Am.Bus.L.J. 153 (1981).

Dunfee, The Future of Legal Studies: Prospects and Problems, 2
J.Leg.Stud.Ed. 23 (1984).

Donnell, Redesigning the Required Undergraduate Business Law Course, 2
J.Leg.Stud.Ed. 1 (1984).

Corley, The Teaching of Business Law in the 1990s, 2 J.Leg.Stud.Ed. 32
(1984).

Daughtrey & Gibbes, Survey of Collegiate School of Business Deans
Concerning Business Law Faculty, 8 J.Leg.Stud.Ed. 53 (1989/1990).

Carper, Business and Society: Should the Course Be Taught by a Lawyer, 5
J.Leg.Stud.Ed. 33 (1987).

Ballam, An Annotated Bibliography on Topics Pertinent to Undergraduate
Business Law Courses, 8 J.Leg.Stud.Ed. 213 (1989/1990).

Related and Supportive Literature

Arlen W. Langvardt, Designing a Legal Aspects of Marketing Course, 9
J.Leg.Stud.Ed. 379 (1991) 16 pp.

Nim Razook, The Attitudes of International Students Toward the Legal
Environmnet Course, 9 J.Leg.Stud.Ed. 395 (1991).

At 10:26 AM 12/15/97 -500, you wrote:
>ALSB Colleagues,
>
>Can we get some information here to Paul Frantz asap.  Please e-mail
>him at the address noted in his e-mail to me.
>Thanks,
>Dan

John W. Bagby
 Professor of Business Law