SCHPSYCH Archives

February 1998

SCHPSYCH@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Susan Davies <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
School Psychology Students <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 12:59:38 -0500
Do any of you know much/anything about computer viruses and how to prevent
them?I know there are some programs out there that protect against known
viruses, but they are expensive (to me!) and I don't know how worth-it
such a program  would be with new viruses cropping up all the time. I'm
realizing how much stuff I have on my computer these days and how big of a
nervous breakdown I would have if it all went away! I am aware that the
McGuffey computer labs have been known to spread some viruses to home
computers and also that viruses can be contracted through the internet and
email. Any preventative information would be appreciated. Thanks! -Susan