FACULTYTALK Archives

June 1998

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sally Gunz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jun 1998 08:58:10 -0400
I am very happy to announce that the Right Honourable Kim Campbell has
accepted our invitation to be Plenary Speaker at our conference in San
Diego.

Ms. Campbell was the first woman Prime Minister of Canada, the first woman
Minister of Justice and Attorney-General, and the first woman Minister of
Defence. Ms. Campbell is currently Consul-General for Canada in Los
Angeles. Ms Campbell was widely respected as a fine Justice Minister and
undertook some major policy initiatives in that role. She is, I
understand, an excellent and entertaining speaker. Prior to becoming
Consul-General, Ms. Campbell was an invited lecturer at Harvard.

The plenary lunch will take place on Thursday 20 August in the main
ballroom (Ballroom A). I would urge you all to make sure you plan to
attend this event. You were asked to check off your intention to attend on
your conference attendance registration. If you inadvertently failed to
check this off but want to ensure you receive a ticket, please contact Dan
Herron immediately to have this aspect of your registration changed.

Again, I am delighted that Ms. Campbell has agreed to attend our
conference.

Sally Gunz