FACULTYTALK Archives

June 1998

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
John Allison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jun 1998 13:20:59 -0500
At 12:56 PM 6/29/98 -0600, Dan Levin wrote:
[snip]
>It seems to me that a law school should be more than a series of
>pure-bar-review classes.  Along that same line, I would think a business
>law course in a college or university should be more than a pure-CPA-review
>class.

The teaching role of legal scholars in business schools is to assist in the
training of future leaders.  A very secondary, but necessary, role in many
schools is the service-oriented task of assisting future accountants pass
the CPA exam.  If the latter is the main thing on which we can hang our
hats, we are not scholars/educators, but a very commidiafiable element that
is easily replaceable.

John Allison

John R. Allison
The Spence Centennial Professor