FACULTYTALK Archives

June 1998

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
John Allison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jun 1998 14:01:51 -0500
At 02:25 PM 6/29/98 -0400, Randy wrote:
>>The teaching role of legal scholars in business schools is to assist in the
>>training of future leaders.  A very secondary, but necessary, role in many
>>schools is the service-oriented task of assisting future accountants pass
>>the CPA exam.  If the latter is the main thing on which we can hang our
>>hats, we are not scholars/educators, but a very commidiafiable element that
>>is easily replaceable.
>
>What the heck is a "commidiafiable element"???????
>
>I want to be able to correctly lay this one on my CPA colleagues in my
>department!!!!!  Some how I know what they are going to say when I use this
>term in the faculty lounge!!!
>
>                Randy

Ok, I misspelled it.  It should be commodifiable.  There should be no a
before the f.  It means turning something into a commodity, like RAM chips
have now become, that are easily replaceable (fungible) and where cost is
the most important element in the buying decision.  After this response,
I'm quite sorry I entered the discussion.  Forget I mentioned it.

John Allsion