ATEG Archives

September 1998

From:
Kathryn Gunderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Sep 1998 18:24:53 -0700
And if the DO is an infinitive phrase (or clause,
depending on your grammar text), then the "it"
anticipatory pronoun also takes the place of the
DO and the OC precedes the DO, which then scoots
to the end of the sentence:

        I found it impossible to concentrate on my homework.

Kathryn Gunderson
Department of English
California State University, Hayward
Hayward, CA  94542